We are so excited to curate an authentic craft vendor market as part of the Little Sea Folk Festival. The rich legacy of craft in Maine and greater New England is a vital part of the folk tradition we are celebrating at the festival and it is important to us that it is represented in as genuine a way as possible. We will be carefully reading each application and curating a collection of craft vendors that reflects a clear picture of the various disciplines practiced in the region.
SOME NOTES ABOUT THE FESTIVAL – PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING
• In this first year, there are many things we can’t know, including expected attendance. We are planning for 500 with regard to all of our other events and services.
• The daytime part of the festival will take place from 12-6 at the Maine Irish Heritage Center and the Reiche School. The evening gala concert will take place at 7pm in the upper venue at the Maine Irish Heritage Center.
• Vending will be located entirely at the Maine Irish Heritage Center in three areas – an uncovered area open to the un-ticketed public along State Street, and two ticketed areas – the lower level interior of the Maine Irish Heritage Center, and the outdoor stage area in the lot adjacent to the building.
• The two ticketed areas will be very near music happening all day long, so if your product or craft makes any significant noise at all, you will not be considered for these spaces as a courtesy to our performing artists.
• Outdoor vending begins at 11am and ends at 6pm. Indoor vending begins at 12 noon and ends at the final intermission at the gala concert – likely somewhere around 9pm. The additional time is included for indoor vendors as a courtesy, as there is the potential for less foot traffic during the daytime festival hours.
• The venue does not have electricity available for vendors.
• Each vendor will be responsible for providing his or her own table and chairs and pop up cover, as needed.
• Each vendor is limited to 3 sales staff at any given time throughout the selling period.
• All vendors will be listed on the website, social media, and in the paper festival guide available to all festival attendees.
• Logistical information is still being determined, but what we know now is that load in will begin at 8am and set up should be finished around 11am. First music begins at 12 noon so nothing disruptive can happen after that. There is parking in the neighborhood, and we may end up with a designated lot, but we don’t know that yet. Food and beverage will be available for purchase on site, and the festival is short walking distance away from a few different cafes and restaurants.
In this initial year, we are offering very low vendor fees both to encourage participation, but also because we believe it is fair, considering that attendance is unpredictable.
10×10 space = $50 20×10 space = $100
Applications will be considered as they come in, so please submit as soon as you are able. If you are selected, we’ll notify you and a digital invoice will be sent to you for your booth fee for payment via debit or credit card. The payment must be made within 10 days to reserve your spot, or it will be released to another craft vendor. Applications will be accepted until we run out of space or June 15, whichever comes first.